Christmas Countdown: There are just 13 weeks until Christmas!
Hi, my name is Jess. I'm addicted to felt.
Before ya'll laugh, I really am.
Laughing aside, I'm in love with this project. So much in love that I made four: one for Bug and three for gifts this year. This project is relatively quick, super simple and easy on the wallet. My total out of pocket cost was $3.57 including tax. The only bit I had to purchase that wasn't already in my stash of crafting goodness was the buttons. And I have enough buttons left over to make two more of these games in the future if I so choose.
Here's what you need to make this project:
- Felt in any color you desire (you'll need two 6 x 6 squares)
- Embroidery thread in any color you desire
- A total of 12 buttons: 6 in one color and 6 in another color
- Measuring tape
- Pouch/bag/container (for the buttons)
- Measure out two pieces of felt that are 6 x 6. Cut out.
- On one piece, measure and draw lines, using the chalk. The lines should be two inches apart. Two lines will be horizontal and two lines will be vertical. I drew one set of lines, then sewed, then drew the other set of lines.
- Pin the two pieces together, and sew along the chalk lines with thread.
- Put 12 buttons (6 of one color, 6 of another) into a pouch, bag or some other container.
- Play tic tac toe to your heart's content!